Do You Need To Have Your Air Conditioner Serviced?
Many homeowners wonder if it’s really necessary to go through the annual hassle of having their air conditioner serviced and maintained.
Here’s what our experienced air conditioning techs at Spanos ElectriCool say:
“Maintaining your air conditioning system regularly is critical for extending its lifespan and ensuring its smooth operation
Today, we’ll explore the reasons why it’s important to have your aircon system serviced annually so that you can make the best choice for your home and family.
Cool Temperatures And Clean Air
We all want our homes to be the best place to relax and unwind after a long day at work OR if you are working from home, it needs to be an environment that is comfortable to work in.
So what would be better than a properly maintained air conditioner?
By having your system serviced regularly, you will have your air conditioner professionally deep cleaned, sanitised and all safety checks completed.
You will be able to prevent costly repairs and and keep your family breathing clean air.
Air conditioners that are not serviced or cleaned annually will have large build ups of bacteria and mould within the internal system.
Living in Brisbane exposes us to a climate that mould is going to grow in places that are not regularly cleaned.
Plus, regular maintenance will help ensure that your HVAC system is running efficiently so that it won’t drive up your energy bills or needing repairs or a replacement.
Benefits Of Regular Air Conditioner Servicing
Regular service of your HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system offers several benefits, including:
- Professionally cleaned :The entire unit is deep cleaned and all areas checked
- Improved efficiency: Regular air conditioner maintenance helps ensure that it operates efficiently. Clean filters, lubricating moving parts, and properly adjusted components help the system run smoothly, reducing its energy consumption and lowering your utility bills.
- Longer lifespan: air conditioning systems that are serviced on a regular basis can last up to twice as long as those that are not. Regular service can help prevent breakdowns, extend the life of your system, and save you money on replacement costs.
- Enhanced indoor air quality: By removing contaminants and pollutants from the air, a properly maintained cooling system contributes to an improvement in indoor air quality. This can reduce the risk of respiratory problems and allergies.
- Increased safety: Regular service of your aircon can help prevent safety issues, such as refrigeration leaks or electrical faults, which can be life-threatening.
- Early detection of problems: Regular maintenance enables HVAC technicians to identify and address small issues before they turn into more significant problems. This can save you money in the long run by avoiding costly repairs or replacements.
How Often Should AC Filters Be Cleaned Or Replaced?
This is another important aspect of air conditioner maintenance.
Our clients frequently ask this question about their split system air conditioners.
Most home owners know where their spit system filters are but they may not have noticed that their air conditioner has several filters!
There is the main mesh filter and this is easy to remove and give it a wipe or a wash down and you can clean this easily every few months.
Many air conditioners have additional filters that you may or may not have noticed.
They are a narrow rectangle that my be clipped to the mesh filter or they may sit above the mesh filter in a separate section.
Some of these additional filters can be cleaned and others you may need to replace them each year. It will depend upon your air conditioner.
Different filters do different jobs and depending upon any health conditions that you may have will also depend upon if you want to replace these filters on a regular basis.
They offer additional air cleaning or filtration that the mesh filters are not designed to do.
Your aircon filters should be cleaned every 1 to 3 months, depending on several factors, including:
- Type of filter: The type of filter you use can impact how frequently it needs to be changed. While some filters need replacing on a regular basis, others can be washed clean.
- Level of usage: The more you use your AC system, the more often the filter will need to be changed. For example, if you run your AC system constantly during the summer months, you may need to clean or replace the filter more often
- Health concerns: If anyone in your household has respiratory issues or allergies, you may want to change the filter more frequently to ensure that the air quality in your home is as good as possible.
It is important to have your air conditioner deep cleaned or serviced yearly.
A dirty or clogged filter can reduce the efficiency of your AC system and impact the air quality in your home. If you are unsure how often to replace your AC filter, feel free to contact us for professional for guidance.
Frequency Of Air Conditioner Service Visits
How often should you be servicing your HVAC system?
Well, that all depends on the condition of your system.
If it’s running OK, then annual service visits should suffice. But if you’ve noticed any issues or strange noises coming from your unit, then it may be wise to schedule a visit sooner.
After all, prevention is always better than cure!
Regular maintenance is key for keeping your system running in top shape and avoiding costly repairs down the line.
Plus, regular service visits can help you save money on utility bills by ensuring that your air con is working as effectively as possible.
When Should A Professional Air Conditioning Contractor Be Called?
There will be times when you do need to call an expert for air conditioner service get it looked at.
There are some troubleshooting points you can do before you make a phone call.
Check that the outside unit has not being covered by something, check the batteries in the remote are working, check that the mode or temperature settings havenot been changed and make sure the unit is plugged in and the connection is not lose in the socket.
You would be surprised at how often a lose plug in a power point or someone has put a towel over the top of the outside unit and this has been the reason for a call out. – A simple check like these can often solve minor issues without having to resort to calling out an expert.
However, if something looks suspicious or you can smell smoke – call the a professional air conditioner team.
Cost Considerations For Servicing
It may be tempting to go for the cheapest option when it comes to aircon servicing, but that might not always be the best decision.
You do get what you pay for – so if you’re looking for a reliable service provider who can give your system the attention it deserves, then it’s worth investing in our quality technicians at Spanos ElectriCool.
This is what our Air Conditioner Service check entails
A few things that you should remember while considering the cost of servicing your HVAC system:
- Type of air conditioning system: The type of air con system you have can impact the cost of service. For example, a central air conditioning system may require more time and effort to service than a split system, which can increase the cost.
- Frequency of service: The frequency of service can impact the cost of maintenance. Most manufacturers recommend annual maintenance, but some systems may require more frequent service, which can increase the cost.
- Age of the system: Older systems may require more maintenance than newer systems, which can increase the cost. Older air conditioners may also require more extensive repairs, which can be costly.
- Additional services: Some HVAC additional services, such as duct and filter cleaning or air quality testing, can increase the overall cost of maintenance.
While the cost of servicing your HVAC system can vary, it is important to prioritise regular maintenance to prevent costly repairs or replacements in the future.
Ready to hire a reputable air conditioning company in Brisbane?
We now know that regular air conditioner service visits can help keep your system running efficiently and safely. The frequency of visits depends on your particular system and usage, so it’s best to consult with a professional.
Here is what you need to do
Call Spanos ElectriCool air conditioning technicians who have the skills and experience to make your Brisbane home at the perfect temperature all year long.
You only need to CONTACT US, after which you can relax knowing that your system is in capable hands!